Spammers and new accounts

Information about changes, updates and planed feature enhancements.
Dhaiul
Site Admin
Species: Wolf
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual

Spammers and new accounts

Postby Dhaiul » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:47 pm

ok guys,

just a heads up, if you have friends etc trying to sign up on the forum it may take me a while to get to them, the forum has become big enough that it has become a decent sized target for forum spammers. This is why we chose to have the accounts on admin approval in the first place :) so they cant get in. If you have a friend or know someone who is valid and needs access it may be quicker to PM me for an activation at times as in 2 days we have received 200 new member requests and majority of them do not appear to be valid.

I am re updating the API code that interacts with http://www.stopforumspam.com/ which should alleviate this once it is done, however with work and personal life commitments this update of coding may take me a while to sort out and get to.

So as recap :P if you know someone who hasnt gotten access within 24 hours and needs access please PM me and I'll get them going.

Thanks
Dhaiul

Dhaiul
Site Admin
Species: Wolf
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual

Re: Spammers and new accounts

Postby Dhaiul » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:49 am

This has been taken care of, all accounts are now active.

In addition all accounts that are over 45 days old and have never been logged into have been removed. If you have previously registered and can not log in you may need to re-register. In other news this allows us to hit 1000 users all over again :p

Dhaiul

Return to “Board updates, info, and Known Issues...”