PHPBB3

Information about changes, updates and planed feature enhancements.
User avatar
whiteblur
Posts: 604
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:36 pm
Species: Arctic Wolf
Sexual Preference: Straight
Location: Bedford, Tx
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby whiteblur » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:44 pm

And i agree with the last 4, it helps to identify with people and what not as well, sexual preference has nothing to do with an adult site, it has to do with you as an individual.

P.s. and give back gender, its a Pain in the *** to figure someone out without it if you haven't met them plus, it really feels awkward to ask someone 'hey are you a guy or a girl?'

P.P.S. i liked the old forums feel better plus my Xbox live gamer card was readable than!
Be who you want to be those that matter won't mind, and those that mind won't matter.

User avatar
Dhaiul
Site Admin
Posts: 210
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:01 pm
Species: Wolf
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual
Location: Arlington Tx
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby Dhaiul » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:42 pm

ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=personal
for those who don't know you can change your board style here. For those that liked the old forum style choose subsilver2. Its close as it gets with the phpbb3 structure.


I'll have boxer add the other categories back when he gets a chance.

~dhaiul

User avatar
sirusfox
Posts: 1400
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 12:57 pm
Species: Fox
Sexual Preference: Straight
Location: Arlington/Pflugerville, Tx
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby sirusfox » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Dhaiul wrote:I'll have boxer add the other categories back when he gets a chance.

~dhaiul


Thanks :3
My DA account my FA account
Avatar by Fay Ole <3!

Code: Select all

Fay Ole wrote: "you're an @$$hole, Sirus <3"

Image

User avatar
catboy-randl
Posts: 318
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:18 am
Species: Feline, Silver Tabby
Location: Mesquite, TX
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby catboy-randl » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:26 pm

I've liked the changes so far: Of course I'm using the black and orange site template--I like my icons on the left.

And now that the points aren't there up in the top left corner, I don't have to feel annoyed that I can't use them at all--That's a little off my mind. x3
Image

User avatar
silentphantom
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Species: Red fox
Sexual Preference: Straight
Location: NW Houston
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby silentphantom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:54 am

I'm very much liking the new forum and I thank you guys for it. Loading and viewing posts seems a little peppier for me now. That and it actually keeps track of the posts I have and haven't read so I can come back and read them later instead of digging around for them because they reset when I logged out.

One thing I'd like to suggest to help make the board better would be to make the login require SSH. When some people are out of the house or at work their passwords are sent as plain text and could possibly be sniffed out with the right software. The one big thing that comes to mind is the wireless connection at the Furry Fiesta hotel and how passwords are sent and seen as plain as day.
Fur is family. Love them, hold them, call them your own, and have the best time of your fuzzy life.

User avatar
ZentratheFox
Posts: 920
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:49 am
Species: Awesomefox
Sexual Preference: Straight
Location: Plano, TX
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby ZentratheFox » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:56 am

silentphantom wrote:One thing I'd like to suggest to help make the board better would be to make the login require SSH. When some people are out of the house or at work their passwords are sent as plain text and could possibly be sniffed out with the right software. The one big thing that comes to mind is the wireless connection at the Furry Fiesta hotel and how passwords are sent and seen as plain as day.

x1000
fabled straightfox | certified brony
web | twitter | fa | youtube

speedtests:
fios | galaxy relay hspa21

User avatar
vonunov
Posts: 885
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:28 pm
Species: Crotalus atrox
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual
Location: ::1

Re: PHPBB3

Postby vonunov » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:39 pm

Not to mention the computer room, where it's shit-easy to telnet into the other computers and run whatever you like without having to work out how to make it run over the network, malice limited only by imagination.
You look like you need a monkey!

User avatar
Dev Raccoon
Posts: 390
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:51 pm
Species: snuggable 'coon
Location: Austin, Tx

Re: PHPBB3

Postby Dev Raccoon » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Was the "foes" feature available in PHPBB2?

Anyway, for those who haven't noticed it, I'd like to point this out: you can block users by going to User Control Panel > Friends & Foes > Manage foes.

User avatar
boxerthief
Site Admin
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:46 pm
Species: Hyena
Contact:

Re: PHPBB3

Postby boxerthief » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:58 am

ZentratheFox wrote:
silentphantom wrote:One thing I'd like to suggest to help make the board better would be to make the login require SSH. When some people are out of the house or at work their passwords are sent as plain text and could possibly be sniffed out with the right software. The one big thing that comes to mind is the wireless connection at the Furry Fiesta hotel and how passwords are sent and seen as plain as day.

x1000



SSL/TLS Login would be possible using a certificate. ( SSH or Secure Shell is used to connect to a server over a secure means to administrate via command line, not for browser use. Unless using to authenticate with a proxy.) I'll check on this, however this type of thing requires additional money. SSL/TLS Certificates must be purchased from a vendor and a self signed certificate will throw errors every time someone visits a site. Since Dhaiul is already paying out of his pocket monthly for the server I'm not sure how much he is willing to spend on a Certificate. The cheaper the certificate the less likely all browsers will recognize it. In addition this will likely break many mobile devices access to the site. It's also worth noting that most other forums and sites for this type of use don't use SSL, Fur Affinity, Furspace, etc. While this isn't a reason not to add it, the basic end is support and cost.

Dev Raccoon wrote:Was the "foes" feature available in PHPBB2?

Anyway, for those who haven't noticed it, I'd like to point this out: you can block users by going to User Control Panel > Friends & Foes > Manage foes.



This works well it will block most information on your profile from showing and from allowing you to be contacted by said party using the forums, However it will not block you from viewing posts made by the user.


BoxerThief


Return to “Board updates, info, and Known Issues...”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest