Smiley images - dead links

Information about changes, updates and planed feature enhancements.
Draco
Species: Storm Dragon

Smiley images - dead links

Postby Draco » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:02 am

Smiley images are dead image source paths, have been for some time. Is this a known issue being worked on? Obviously the ./images/smilies/ directory is missing some files. They have been missing since the theme stripping and rebuild a few months ago. By the way, your directory listing when there is no index.html/php is *on* images/smilies/ shows directory listings. That is unusual to allow in httpd.conf.

Time Reference August 9th:
viewtopic.php?p=120017#p120017

Is this a sign administration is abandoning us/the site? I just watched a muck server close down earlier this night. The muck's admin mismanagement caused low turn out, hard to register new users and no guest login like other mucks. Finally the single admin decided to shut down and abandon the muck.

Is there a death clock going for lonestarfurs.org now?
If you only get a little wet when sneezed on by a dragon, consider yourself blessed that it was not a fireball.

Dogs have masters, Cats are said to have staff... Dragons, we take villages, virgins and castles. FYIAD!

DismalFennec
Species: LightFennecFox
Sexual Preference: Straight

Re: Smiley images - dead links

Postby DismalFennec » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm

No everyones still pretty active on here and the smileys are probly just ancient, a really helpful thing to do is advertise lsf on the few texas accs on fa or other sites that have a texas furs groups so we could funnel everyone in one place in which so set up meets, events ect...

Draco

Postby Draco » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Despite the traffic flow and users checking the board frequently and posting frequently, if the admins quit and close up shop everybody is screwed. It has happened before where the admin of the previous board quit furry (for a short time) and closed the board he ran and moved away.
If you only get a little wet when sneezed on by a dragon, consider yourself blessed that it was not a fireball.

Dogs have masters, Cats are said to have staff... Dragons, we take villages, virgins and castles. FYIAD!

Draco

Postby Draco » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:51 pm

*stares at admin*

Dhaiul
Site Admin
Species: Wolf
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual

Postby Dhaiul » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Draco wrote:*stares at admin*

*stares at Draco*

Draco

Postby Draco » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:35 pm

*licks Dhaiul*

Yay, they work. Thanks! Now I dont have to wonder if the broken images are user posted or board related or theme related (I tried all of them last month). I was hoping for any answer earlier since I recently saw a muck community shrivel up over the summer then shut down last month.

Dhaiul
Site Admin
Species: Wolf
Sexual Preference: Bi-Sexual

Postby Dhaiul » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:47 pm

Have no real plans of shutting down. Post merger at employer I just do not have as much time as i would like. I've added a few more moderators and turned off indexes for this site ( i had them on for other dev / work(RL work) reasons ). Yes sorry took a while for me to note the thread and was easy fix, just an issue of phpbb randomly moving the smilies directory in the last big upgrade. They use to be theme specific for a time and are now board wide part of it was my messy database which has now been sanitized.

Dhaiul

Return to “Board updates, info, and Known Issues...”